TSP is a boutique property company based in the West End. We own and asset manage high-quality offices in London. We’re passionate about innovation and sustainability and use the latest technology to deliver healthy buildings filled with happy occupiers.
TSP has a collaborative and entrepreneurial working culture. We’ve held the Investors in People Gold accreditation for 7 years, and last year we become one of the UK’s first B-Corp-certified real estate companies. This year we won an Estates Gazette award for innovation and were shortlisted for 12 others, including the RICS Awards, the Property Awards, and the Property Marketing Awards.
If you’re looking to make a difference to the building that you work in and deliver fantastic customer service, read on…
You will be based in a beautiful former warehouse building near London Bridge, with a stylish on-site café and cobbled courtyard. You’ll work with TSP’s Property and Facilities Management team to ensure the smooth running of the building.
You will oversee a legally compliant, safe, customer-focused environment for tenants on site. This means you will be a self-starter and have a good understanding of compliance, maintenance systems, and commercial property plant. The building is fully let, so you’ll greet a steady flow of visitors throughout the day.
You’ll relish the autonomy and freedom offered by TSP. Especially if you’re looking to level up your career and work with an award-winning, friendly, and sustainable team.
- Day-to-day running of the property
- First point of contact at the property for all occupiers and facilities and maintenance matters; ensuring all visitors are greeted in a friendly, professional manner.
- Be an ambassador for TSP; deliver exceptional service to all occupiers
- Oversee and perform building inspections to make sure it is fully functional and legally compliant
- Manage H&S, facilities, maintenance, and compliance of the property with the Property Management team
- First responder to any reactive emergencies, resolving them in a timely manner using your own skill set or calling our approved contractors
- Manage and maintain all statutory testing records, compliance documents, and O&M manuals
- Develop a working knowledge of all property equipment and operational systems
- Implement the service charge budget and strategy with the Property Manager and Facilities team
- Build and maintain good relationships with contractors, oversee all contractors working at the property
- Provide access to contractors and third parties attending the property; sign in all visitors
- Monitor the property's email and telephone, responding to any occupier matters effectively and in a professional manner
What we're looking for
Education & Qualifications
- At least 2 years of experience
- Managing preventative maintenance systems
- Working with commercial property plant including BMS
- Undertaking property inspections
- Supervising contractors and suppliers
- Contractor, tenant, and partner relationship management
- Related to sustainability, or a passion and drive to develop the understanding and knowledge to implement sustainable infrastructure and initiatives within our properties
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of critical facilities and an understanding of basic technical aspects of property
- Great people and communication skills
- Positive "can do" attitude
- Well presented
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Diligence and high attention to detail
- Client care
- Organisation skills
- Own network of contacts for referrals
- Excellent opportunity to develop within an award-winning, innovative company
- Contributory pension
- 25 days annual leave
- Friendly team
The TSP Way
- Commercial acumen
- Strategic thinking
- Committed to excellence
- Taking personal responsibility
- Adaptability and open to change
- Putting people first
We recognise that equality and diversity in the workplace goes beyond legal compliance and that a diverse team is critical to our success as an organisation.
We look for a number of characteristics, competencies and core leadership behaviours in our people. These assessments are carefully built into our recruitment process to ensure that we attract and hire colleagues that share our values and ethos as a business.
In addition to encouraging a workplace free of unlawful discrimination, we expect our colleagues to treat one another with kindness and respect in every interaction and communicate in a way that respects every other human around them.
Our Commitments to You
In line with The TSP Way and our commitments to building and sustaining a diverse workforce, we encourage applications from all sections of the community:
- We are committed to ensuring that all employees and job applicants are provided with equality of opportunity in employment. This commitment is reflected in our employment policies and practices, recognising the provision of equal opportunities as a matter of good management practice.
- Our aim is to promote equality of opportunity so that no employee or job applicant will be subject to unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of gender, age, marital status, colour, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, offending background, membership or non-membership of a trade union or political beliefs.